Friday, April 27, 2018

The Race for the Place 5K...This Year's Race is More Personal Than Ever

Purple: The color of hope

The Race for the Place 5K, my race-a-versary and where I fell in love with running four years ago, is in 37 days. It's a race that is very near and dear to my heart for many reasons and I am proud to support The Gathering Place with my team, Just Keep Swimming…and Running. In the past 30 days, I have learned cancer has struck two women I went to high school with, a friend of Paul's, a sister of a woman I'm friends with, and the horrible claimed disease claimed the life of another friend's brother just last week. That's five people in 30 days! Unfortunately cancer does not discriminate and while there is no way to prevent it, we sure as heck can stand up to it and let it know we're not going to give up hope. The race in 37 days is now more personal than ever!

Every year I like to dedicate my goal race to someone. With so many people I know whose lives have been touched in some way because of cancer not just in the past 30 days but even in the past year since last year's race, it's impossible to pick just one so this year I decided to dedicate the race to all of them. As you know, I also like to have a special shirt on race day to wear for inspiration so this year I decided I'd go with my shirt design from last year and chose the color purple….the color of hope…something we should never give up on.


I would love if you'd join my team Just Keep Swimming…and Running! Not a runner? No problem, you can walk the 5K or sign up for the 1 mile walk. Visit my race page and click on my team name to join. While this is a fundraising race and it's certainly appreciated if you do, you are not required to raise money to participate like other cancer-related races so don't let that scare you away. ;-)

If you aren't able to participate in the race in person and would like to help me reach my first goal of $500, you can do so by using the "Donate" button.

My fundraising and team page can be found at:

http://bit.ly/justkeepswimmingandrunning

I hope you will join me in supporting an organization and race that is near and dear to my heart.

#racefortheplace #justkeepswimmingandrunning #nevergiveuphope

Design Services Available

Do you have an upcoming race or other event and you'd like a custom-designed shirt made for it? Perhaps you need several different shirts with the same design but different styles? I'd love to help! Contact me via my Facebook page, JKS Designs for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment