Friday, June 5, 2015

Race day is almost here. Only a few hundred more dollars to go....

My wearable tribute to those
who help me "just keep swimming."

Yesterday I received the vest I earned for raising $500 for this weekend’s Race for the Place, the annual 5K Run/1 Mile walk benefiting The Gathering Place, A Caring Community for Those Touched By Cancer. Thank you to everyone who has supported me thus far by either joining my team or making a donation. I love it and I will proudly wear it and remember all of you who continue to help me “just keep swimming.”

I am only $372 from reaching my final goal of $1,230. As you know, I picked that number in honor of Papa D’s home going at 1:23 pm. I’m running the race in memory of my dad so reaching my goal would make this race all the more special. If I raise an additional $145, I will be in the top 10 individual fundraisers. 

There’s still time to either join my team or to make a tax-deductible donation. Visit my personal race page for more information at Just Keep Swimming..and Running

And thank you again for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment