Thursday, April 30, 2015

Keeping my eye on the prize...or at least one of them

A wearable tribute to this race,
what it means to me, and
to the people who help me
"just keep swimming"
As you know, I recently signed up for The Gathering Place, A Caring Community for Those Touched By Cancer's annual Race for the Place 5K which takes place June 7, National Cancer Survivors Day, and am running the 5K in memory of my dad, Papa D. For this year's race, I set my fundraising goal for $1,230 in honor of his home going (which was at 1:23 pm). How awesome would it be to meet that goal! My first goal, however, is to raise $500. Any participant who raises $500 will win the vest pictured here. I am a little over halfway to this first goal and I'd love if you could help me earn this wearable tribute to a race and cause that's near and dear to my heart for so many reasons.

Click on the link below to access my personal page to join my team and/or make a donation. Thanks in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment