Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Elijah Update: My Sweatshirt Goal


Always smilling
Even though he is done with chemo, he has to stay at the Clinic for at least 6 weeks to be monitored for various things and to undergo more tests. A couple days ago, he was visited by Josh Tomlin and Cody Allen of the Cleveland Indians and their wives and received tickets to the game and an autographed baseball! How cool is that?! Today he is fighting a fever, he received transfusions for blood and platelets with possible surgery today as bacteria grew on the blood culture from his line so they maybe be replacing it. Through the highs and the lows, in typical Elijah fashion, he is all smiles and in good spirits. Gotta love that kid!

As you know, I am running this years Race for the Place 5K in his honor. We are only 17 days away from race day and I'm getting more excited as it get's closer! So far I have 11 people on my team Just Keep Swimming…and Running I have raised $289.25 in donations so far. Thank you to everyone who has joined my team and/or has supported my efforts by making a donation.

My end goal is to raise $1,800 in honor of the 18th birthday Elijah had to spend at the Clinic. If I am able to raise $500, though, I will earn an embroidered Gathering Place sweatshirt. I would love to give that sweatshirt to Elijah since he is my inspiration for this years and I am only $210.75 from that goal. Will you help? All donations are tax-deductible. To make a donation and help me earn the sweatshirt for Elijah, visit my personal race page. There is still plenty of time to join my team, too, so you can also join my team there.

Thank you for your support. It means more to me than you know!

A sweatshirt for Elijah

Some Cleveland Indians stop in to say hello

No comments:

Post a Comment