Monday, February 27, 2017

8.2 Miles for Elijah

On Friday, Elijah's liver biopsy revealed the lesions were not cancer! PTL. That meant round two of chemo could begin. Eight days of chemo with two treatments every day started Friday. Pretty intense stuff. It's been a little rough for him as you can imagine so Sunday I chose my distance in honor of him. Slow miles when it was all said and done but miles all the same. 8.2 on the dreadmill is no comparison to what he is going through but if he is doing what he needs to do to make himself better, then I can too.

The red and blue "strings" make up a leukemia/lymphoma awareness bracelet supporting the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society I bought this week and will serve as a reminder over the next three months as I prepare for my goal race that I am running in his honor that no matter how tough things may seem, never give up. Elijah won't and neither will I.

#racefortheplace# kickingcancersbutt #everymileamemory #justkeepswimming

No comments:

Post a Comment