Thursday, April 14, 2016

The year of firsts comes to a close

As the the year of firsts officially comes to an end at 1:23 pm today, I think back to what it has been like without my dad. I was hoping I would be able to say something deep and meaningful. Unfortunately, some recent life events have left me at a loss for words at the moment and the creative juices just aren't flowing. But I can say this:

Life is short, life is precious, live it with no regrets and make the best of the time you have because no one is promised a tomorrow. 

Honestly, don't sweat the small stuff because at the end of the day, it really doesn't matter. 

Never forget to tell the people you care about how you feel about them and tell them often because you just never know what moment will be your last…or theirs. 

Love like crazy. 

And most importantly, no matter what life throws your way, have faith, never ever give up hope, and just keep swimming. 

Miss you and love you more than words can ever express, Papa D. Until we meet again…


Read my post, A Celebration of Life, to learn more about my dad.

His celebration of life service can be found here on You Tube.

No comments:

Post a Comment