Tuesday, March 29, 2016

2016 Race for the Place 5K..the race is on!

If you've been following my blog for a while you'll know that The Gathering Place's annual Race for the Place 5K is a special race to me for many reasons. Since it was the race that "started it all" for me running wise in 2014, this year I have decided to make it my goal race for 2016 in which I hope to set a PR and run a sub 25:00 5K. Since January, I have been running over 100 miles every month (another one of my 2016 goals) in hopes to make that happen.  This year's race will take place on Sunday, June 5 rain or shine.

After participating in the race for the last three years with my husband's company, we decided to branch off and form our own team this year. We are team "Just Keep Swimming...and Running" and I would love for you to join us to support this wonderful cause! Even though this event is a fundraiser for The Gathering Place, there is no pressure to raise a certain amount of money when you join a team like there is with other charity races. As a matter of fact, several people solely pay the race fee which serves as their contribution. Of course, donations are always appreciated but certainly not required.

So, what if you're not a runner? No problem, you can choose to walk the 5K (3.1 miles) or participate in the 1 Mile walk. If neither of those options interest you, you can show your support by making a tax-deductible financial contribution via my race page. No matter what you choose, your contribution helps this local cancer center continue to offer free services to cancer patients and their families.

Last year I was able to raise over $1,100 and would like to meet or exceed that amount this year! Please visit my personal fundraising page to learn more about the race, to join our team, or make a donation.

To learn more about The Gathering Place and the free services they offer to cancer patients and their families right here in our community, please visit their website at www.touchedbycancer.org or their Facebook page.

Thank you for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment