Tuesday, December 8, 2015

The 2nd of 1sts..December 8, 2015

Happy 1st 2nd birthday to my dad in heaven. Papa D was a faithful servant in many ways but one that was especially close to his heart was being a leader in the AWANA program at our church. The annual Grand Prix at the end of the year was one of his favorite events. He proudly displayed the cars he made long after the races were over and luckily the ones he kept survived the house fire and we still have them today. My dad was a quiet man but he had a great sense of humor, as you can see by this attempt at a "gangsta pose" he made at church during a race in 2004. It is an honor and privilege to have such a wonderful man to call my dad and I'm thankful I will get to see him again one day. Love and miss you, Papa D.

No comments:

Post a Comment