Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Wish You Were Here...

It’s hard to believe six months ago today, God decided you had fought the good fight long enough and it was time for you to come home. Hard to believe six months ago today was the last time I got to hold your hand, give you a kiss, and tell you how much I loved you one last time. Hard to believe six months ago today, you took your last breath on Earth and because of God's promise, were reunited with those who went before you and you got to give Rick a hug that was 19 years in the making. 

I know you are in a better place, I know you are no longer in pain and no longer suffering, and I know that you are with my dear sweet brother again and I am thankful for that. But so much has happened in the six months you've been gone and the sadness I feel cannot be put into words that you're not with us to be a part of it. I wish you were here. I guess God needed you more than we did, though, and it already feels like an eternity without you, but at least I know one day, in a blink of an eye, we will all be together again and that makes days like this and every day without you a little easier to take. I love you, Papa D.

Until we meet again…

No comments:

Post a Comment