Saturday, June 6, 2015

Honoring the survivors, remembering the taken

How cool is this?!

Tonight they are lighting up the Terminal Tower in downtown Cleveland in purple and blue in honor of National Cancer Survivors Day and the Race for the Place 5K, both of which are tomorrow. As a cancer survivor, this gives me chills. It also brings tears to my eyes as I remember those who fought this horrible disease and left this earth way too soon; especially my dear friends, Kris Stefanac, Julie Nelson Duellman, and my one-of-a-kind father, Papa D Richard Whitcomb, all of whom I miss more than words can say.

You can still join my team by registering tomorrow morning in person at the race. I am only $347 from reaching my goal of $1,230 and there is still time to help me reach it by making a tax-deductible donation online. To do so, visit my personal race page at http://tgp.convio.net/goto/justkeepswimming.

And as always, thank you for your support of The Gathering Place, A Caring Community for Those Touched By Cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment