Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Memorial tattoos for Papa D...a mother and son affair

Papa D at my wedding reception
"For I know the plans I have for you, plans for peace and not evil, to give you a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11)

This has always been a favorite verse of mine and the word hope, which has meant many things over the years has become more meaningful in recent ones
(see "More than a Piece of Jewelry). Today, the day before the one month anniversary of Papa D's home going, my oldest son and I went to North Coast Body Mod and got memorial tattoos for him. The pink may be for breast cancer and the white for lung cancer, but no matter what trials or tribulations come our way, it's a reminder to never lose hope. Without it, we have nothing and it's something we should never give up on.

Mom and son tattoo mission complete and I cannot think of a better reason than to do it in memory of Papa D and his home going a month ago tomorrow; a man who meant something more to the both of us than we could ever put into words... A living tribute of sorts. 


Love you, Papa D.

No comments:

Post a Comment