Tuesday, May 5, 2015

$92 and counting

Woohooo! I'm only $92 away from my first goal of $500 for this years Race for the Place 5K benefiting The Gathering Place, A Caring Community for Those Touched By Cancer. A special thank you to those who have helped me get so close in such a short amount of time.

There are very few "cancer related" organizations that I will support but The Gathering Place is one I support with my whole heart and support in good conscious. Unlike some other organizations that require you to raise a certain amount of money to participate in their event, The Gathering Place does not. The goals I have set are strictly a goals I would personally like to reach and The Gathering Place is grateful for any amount it receives. And unlike a certain breast cancer organization "giant" that has forgotten what charity is all about by using the money YOU donate to it by sicking its team of lawyers on any charity event/organization that chooses to use "For a/the Cure" in it's name, the money you donate to The Gathering Place goes directly to help support individuals and their family as they navigate their cancer journey.

Please join my team or consider making a small, tax-deductible donation to an organization that truly remembers that helping others in time of need is what charity is all about.

Visit my personal page Just Keep Swimming...and Running for more information.

No comments:

Post a Comment