Monday, May 12, 2014

25 Ways to Burn 100 Calories ...

Now that I have been counting calories, it’s pretty surprising to see how quickly what I eat adds up. I bought a heart rate monitor to use when I exercise to see how many calories I am actually burning. I use MyFitness Pal to track both calories going in and calories going out and at times, it’s frustrating because limiting myself to a certain number of calories in a day leaves me feeling like I’m starving by the time dinner comes around but it’s also making me more conscious about what I’m eating which, in turn, is helping me make better choices. For instance, one Double Stuffed Oreo has almost the same amount of calories as six pita crackers with a dab of cream cheese and raspberry jalapeño jelly on them. I would be lying if I said I didn’t grab an Oreo from time to time for a quick sugar fix, but having six crackers as opposed one cookie is definitely a lot more satisfying so my calorie counting ways is helping me think twice before reaching for those cookies when I want a snack.

Since burning calories is important if you are trying to lose or keep off weight, I am always looking for ways to burn a little extra. I came across the following article this morning listing 25 ways to burn 100 calories and thought it was interesting enough to share. Chewing gum, eating an apple rather than drinking apple juice, or playing pool? How great is that! I was especially pleased to learn bowling made the list because we bowl just about every Friday! And rather than sit down after it’s my turn, I usually stand “just because”. Now I know that standing is helping me burn just a few more calories!

Happy Monday and enjoy!

"25 Ways to Burn 100 Calories Just Like That" by Ava Feuer

No comments:

Post a Comment