Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Upcoming Facebook and Instagram Changes...What's a Poor Girl to Do?

Did you know that Facebook continues to make it more and more difficult for small businesses to be seen on their platform and Instagram? Even when you like a page and/or follow any other business page like my JKS Designs, posts only reach about 1-3% of you. Sadly, more than half of the followers I have on Facebook will probably never see the post I wrote about this subject today because of the way Facebook decides what gets seen and what does not (AKA algorithm). What was once a great way for the "little guy" and start ups to advertise here (and sister site Instagram) is no more and it only gets worse. Facebook is ready to roll out dual news feed where posts from friends and paid advertisers will show up in your regular feed and businesses like mine and any Facebook groups you are a member of will be buried in an "Explore" feed you will have to check and check often if you want to see updates, that is if you can even find them! This means even posts on my Just Keep Swimming and Running Facebook page will be hard and harder to find. Sigh…..

So what's a girl like to me to do to "just keep swimming" and continue to grow JKS Designs? Kindly ask friends to sign up for my mailing list here. That's what the experts are suggesting to help small business stay afloat in the ever-changing social media world we live in. Don't worry, I hate spam just as much as you so I promise not to bombard your inbox with crap, I just don't want you to miss out when I have new designs or other news to share when things slip through the Facebook cracks. When you do sign up, please be sure to add me to your contacts so I don't end up in your spam folder.

As always, thank you so much for support…and just keep swimming.

Do you have a business page or a group/fan/interest page on Facebook and/or Instagram and you are finding it's getting hard and harder to reach your followers? I'd love to hear how you are dealing with this and what are some of the things are you doing to still stay in the game.

No comments:

Post a Comment