Friday, December 9, 2016

The first angel anniversary of a another sister in pink...

In memory of Sharon A. (Yeckley) Kaucic
March 30, 1964 - December 9, 2015


Thinking about my friend, Denise, and her family and friends as they remember Sharon Kaucic, another "sister in pink" whose life was cut way too short by breast cancer a year ago today. I only had the opportunity to meet Sharon once when her friends and family held a fundraiser to help support Sharon, her husband, and their triplets as Sharon was fighting yet another round of the dreaded disease. I got to know her better through her sister, Denise, as we became "sistas from anotha mista" in addition to being co-workers, and sadly when I attended her funeral and heard her family and friends speak of what a truly genuine, caring, and selfless person she was, even as the disease progressed. In my post on Monday, I mentioned how it was a little hard to be joyous about my four-year life-aversary when I thought about the people who are no longer here but at the same time blessed that those people have made me a better person and Sharon is one of those people. Even though I didn't get the chance to know her personally, I did get to know her through her family and friends so it is also her legacy of faith, love, hope and kindness I also carry on in her memory. I have also carried those things on in a physical sense: imagine what an honor it was when Denise asked if I would like to design art for her sister's headstone.

God bless the family and friends of Sharon today as they remember her on this one year angel anniversary. Hugs and prayers to each and every one of you... and just keep swimming.






No comments:

Post a Comment