Thursday, December 31, 2015

2015...A year of sadness and unexpected blessings

2015 will be the year of many things. I knew going into it that it would be the year one of the most important people in my life would be called home. I can't help but sit here and think back to this night a year ago and having to come to terms with that. But I also can't help but sit here and remember all the NYEs before that in happier times with my parents, especially all the ones where they would come over and ring in the new year with me, Paul, and the boys.

Cherished memories.

It's hard to not miss Papa D tonight and I know there are several friends who are thinking about their year and had to say goodbye to someone they loved in 2015, too. My thoughts are with each and every one of you. While 2015 will go down in the books of a year of an ultimate sadness, it will also go down as a year of unexpected happiness because although I knew it would be the year my dad's battle would end, never in a million years would I have ever guessed that it would be the year that God would bless us with another family member, my sweet daughter-in-law. Tears of sadness exchanged with tears of joy.

I am not sure what 2016 will bring and quite frankly, I'm not letting my mind go there. What I am sure of, though, is whatever happens in 2016, there will be an unexpected blessing waiting when I least expect it.

Happy New Year's Eve everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment