Friday, January 2, 2015

Keeping the Faith for 2015

To be honest, over the last several weeks, I have been dreading the new year. Starting in 2011 with my parents' house fire, each consecutive year has brought some sort of trial or tribulation and with every new year, my prayer and wish was for a better year to come, only to be let down because another test of faith would be thrown my way. When, oh when, would my family and those I care about catch a break!!?? In the last couple of days, while trials have kept coming, I have had several reminders that despite all of them and those encountered over this past year, there have been blessings as well. Whether it be a post I've seen on someone's Facebook page, a conversation I have had, or a memory made with one of my loved ones, they have been reminders to not spend too much time dwelling on the bad, but focus my energies on the good. That it's ok to be sad/mad, but don't forget to be happy, too. So while I know 2015 will bring some hardships, I keep the faith that many blessings will make those hardships a little easier to bear, just like they did in 1996, 2011 and every year that followed. 

Thank you all for your love and support and wishing you many blessings in 2015. Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment