Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Prayers for Papa D

“Earth has no sorrow that heaven can't heal”
 ~ David Crowder, Come As You Are

Me and my Papa D. I'm everything
I am because you loved me.
Call it fate or someone playing DJ, but I heard that song for the first time as I was on my way to the doctor's office. On December 11, 2014 we learned that Papa D will not be participating in the clinic trial and his doctor recommended we get hospice in place. The doctor felt getting hospice involved early on would be good because my dad will have more options when it comes to managing his symptoms/the disease. While we are saddened about the trial and that hospice is the next step, we take comfort in the fact that this situation is not under our control, but under our Heavenly Father’s, and He knows what is best for my dad and this situation. None of us are promised a tomorrow and regardless of whether we have a life-threatening illness or are the healthiest person on the planet, this news serves as a reminder all the more just how much we need to enjoy the moments we are given. And in typical Whitcomb fashion, that’s just what we are going to continue to do!  

We definitely haven’t given up nor have we lost hope, it’s just now our hope has a slightly shifted focus. We believe God is only one who knows how much time any of us have on this Earth, so we’ll trust in His plan and try to just keep swimming. We may not know what the future holds and the road ahead will be full of ups and downs, but we are so thankful for our faith, family, and friends to help us on this journey. 

Love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment