Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Personal Victory!

Today I signed up for the Race for the Place 5K.

The weather was nice when I got home from work so I decided to go for a run. I was feeling a little tired and a little unmotivated so I thought for sure it would be a short run. Oh, how I was wrong. I am not sure if it was runner's high that kicked in or because I was thinking of my friend, Kris, throughout my run and for some reason I was feeling inspired, but today I ended up setting a new record myself: 4.51 miles with a pace of 9:50! This may not be that big of an accomplishment to someone who is a seasoned runner but for someone like me who has only been on 10 runs in the last year, and for someone who only a few short months ago could barely get out of bed to do anything because she was in such a slump..yeah, this is huge!

Commence happy dance!

No comments:

Post a Comment